Studio 5000 - a newer version of Catalog Services is already installed

Hi, Im trying to install Studio 5000 V32. I've installed the previous version in order from v20 to v31.

Whenever I run the setup file i got this. I've already try to install just the Logix designer V32 instead of everthing else but is the same issue.

Anyone have had this issue before and how did you fix it?

Captura de pantalla 2023-09-10 120401.jpg

Last edited:
Search for "Rockwell Automation Catalog Services" in the windows registry. It should be found in a directory with a long random looking string name, in HKEY_Classes_Root\Installer\Products. For example, this directory on my machine is named 5F21E316AB3685E46896E1B1093A19FB. Export it to save a copy of it, just in case. Then delete it.

My issue with the "Install Older First" is that Rockwell has never published a list of orders.

Remember v20.05 is newer than v26, and I think v29 also. So installing 20 before 26 is out of order and will install newer packages earlier.

I even asked Rockwell Tech Supp once and he wasn't sure of the order.

I just got off the phone with Rockwell. I had an install fail. They got online with a webex session and uninstalled a couple of things installed (I forget the exact names) related to logix 5000. Then the catalog services was able to install which is what was causing the failure.

To the OP-did you get this resolved?