Scada Example (Ignition)

damica1

Hello:

I just thought some of you may want to see a report that we take from Ignition Scada.

I work in the Oil & Gas Industry and this is a report that tells us how much money it cost to operate certain pumping unit out in the remote oilpatch.

We use this report to help show us when pumping units become out of "Balance", this is an easy fix and it saves us Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars each year.

Cost example of unbalanced well.jpg

I’m not a oil guy, I am curious to know what an unbalanced well is and how do you correct that?

I still remember the first oil pump I saw when I was little.

The rod going into the ground was covered and decorated as a earthworm and the pump was painted as a bird.

Every pump I have seen since seems to be missing that.

Last edited:
The company I work for is the crawling stage with Ignition. We build refrigerated trailers. I think having a screen similar to this would be nice to see the efficiency of the process.