RSLinx Classic Network Dropout

parithielam15

Hi,

I am working on a project, where I face a issue with respected to Network Dropout. The PLC is connected to a 16 port unmanaged switch, where all the devices are connected to that Ethernet port. The physical devices are connected and doesn't have any issue in communication. the interesting part is when ever I try to connect to AB PLC from Studio 5000. I see the the network Drops 1713367470028.png
I need to restart the complete system to bring back to running. By i see only one device doesn't affect with the network drop. I tried to check is the issue is at network switch or I also reconfigured the RS linx. But the issue still exist.

Even after i go online there is network drop issue in RSlinx after some time. but it doesn't affect the communication with the PLC

I am not sure which device is causing this network issue. But the Physical device has no communication issue until I download anything to those devices.

Can any one help me with troubleshooting this. or any other ways to resolve this issue.

No I am not able to Ping the device and I used IP scan to scan all the devices, there is no Duplicate IP in the Network.

Now I noticed, When I use IP scan software to scan the device, It dropped the network again.

I am not sure where the issue is really is.

Thank you for posting the screenshot and descriptions !

Are you running more than one NIC connected to this network ? Are you running both a host NIC and a Virtual Machine ? Are you using a VPN at the same time ?

The item that stands out to me from that screenshot is that your RSLinx Classic workstation has the host name USM1057.

That hostname shows up in the browse in three places:

A FactoryTalk Linx station at IP address 10.233.3.29
A FactoryTalk Linx station at IP address 192.168.1.104
A FactoryTalk Linx station at IP address 192.168.1.204

Try to narrow down your connection to the automation network to just one NIC with just one IP address.

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to Remove the 192.168.1.104 & 10.233.3.29 from Configuration. Issue still Exist.

I am using one Network switch, where all individual devices are connected to that particular switch which is connected to PLC. There is no VPN or Virtual Machine Running

Try deleting and re-configuring the driver. Those entries in the network schema might be from prior instances of your computer being connected using a different IP address.

And obviously try replacement cables and connectors. A lot of people inspect their Ethernet equipment visually, which is of little use.

Long shot, but did you check every device to make sure there is no DLR supervisor enabled?
DLR beacon will flood the network easily if enabled in Star configuration.
For VM, check to make sure no VMs copied, because they will have the same MAC addresses. I recall that Tim from TW Controls had that issue.