Redlion Crimson 3.1 - Touch Tester

forsakenplc

Hey guys, hoping someone here could give me a little advice. I'm working with a CR1000-04000 in Crimson 3.1 and I was interested in adding the Touch Tester primitive to a Maintenance page. I don't NEED it, I just thought it might be cool to have this as a troubleshooting option. Unlike Touch Calibration, this primitive has no configurable properties, so I can't exit after testing. I came up with a work-around using a single rung of ladder logic in my PLC, but it seems to me this could be done within the HMI. I primarily work in boolean ladder logic, it seems to me some form of structured text programming is the correct way to do this, but I can't find any examples what I'm looking for. Any advice would be appreciated.

From my Maintenance Page I have a (Push Button: Turn On) flag tag Touch_Tester B3:2/14 with Avctive On/Active Off "GotoPage()" Then 10sec timer in PLC.

HMI_1.JPGHMI_2.JPG

I'm not totally clear on what you're trying to do here, but whatever it is I'm sure you can do it without involving the PLC. It sounds like you want to display the Touch_Tester page after hitting a button, then automatically return to the Maintenance page after a 10-second delay has elapsed?

Here's one approach:
Create an internal tag called 'timer' or something similar, this will keep track of how long the page has been displayed. Create a normal button that will go to the Touch Tester page when clicked. Go to the Page Properties for the Touch_Tester page. We want to zero out the timer when the page first appears. Then we will add some code to increment the timer On Tick (every second) and check to see if it has exceeded the 10-second preset.

properties.png
complex.png

Thank you John, you helped me see that it could be MUCH simpler than either of our solutions. I was making it more complicated than needed. When I dropped in the primitive I immediatly made it full page, I was completly over looking that I could just use Timeout on the page properties. I'm still learning, thanks again.

Last edited:
I normally put a "Back" button ( Goto Page: Previous Page ) on top of my touch calibration page. Just be sure to position it where it doesn't cover up one of the test points.

Attachments

• touchback.png
    touchback.png
    123.9 KB · Views: 4
For Touch Calibration I've been using "On Sucess" and "On Failure" GotoPage(xxx). It forces the operator to play with the red boxes, but I haven't had any problems with it. I had never used the Touch Tester before, and honestly I'm a little embaressed I missed soming so simple as "Page Timeout".

Currently I'm trying to impliment an Event Log, just as a record for troubleshooting. I'm wanting to clear old Events without clearing the entire log. I would like to be able to view the previous 20 events. I suspected this might cause a memory issue so I forced an event every 2sec, and after 6 hours the HMI got a little crazy, but came right back after clearing the event log. Any Ideas?

EDIT
I created a Midnight_Reset Flag Tag to clear events. This seems to work.

Last edited: