Powerflex 525-After 2 years of running I'm getting F73 faults,Could adjust C143 help?

Cydog

Good Evening ,

After running for 2 years , I have a few Powerflex 525 drives faulting out
with a F 73 Ethernet Fault . What have you guys found the cause for these type faults in Powerflex 525's ? Also , what would be the safest setting for parameters C 143 and C 144 ? Would anything other than 0 work to prevent this fault ? Would #3 Hold Last be the safest selection ?

Thanks so much for your help.

F73 Ethernet Fault
Check your cable routing? Did someone install 3 phase over you cable?
Check connections? maybe there was stress on connector and finally failed?
Did the ethernet cable get nicked or crushed?
Is your drive more noisy or loose connections? I thought drives lasted 5 years before the caps get replaced.
I ask that last one because everytime I find loose connections in a area, I always question do the maint do heat checks on connections and do they tighten down low voltage terminals. Two years since install suggest this type of problem.

I used all shielded Cat 6 Cable . I think a few may be about 8" from the other drives. Do you see any problem with changing C143 and C144 to 3 Hold Last ?

I ordered some new shielded cat 6 cables . I imagine it is momentary losses .

I would start by looking at the PLC's internal web page. Specifically the Diagnostic Overview, Ethernet Statistics, Application Connections. Look for things like missed/rejected packets, FSC and alignment errors. The only acceptable values for these are 0. Anything other than 0, there is a problem.

I had issues once with connectors on the Ethernet cables, but only the ones that we made up in the field, not the molded ones on factory cables. Theis was at a rock crushing plant so although the panels were in separate trailers, there is always vibration. The ones that failed the most were where we mounted multiple 525s in a panel horizontally where the Ethernet cables were coming in from the side. My theory was that the added mass of the relatively larger connectors used for field terminations put a strain on the internal pins of the sockets in the drives (and SS OLs too by the way), eventually causing intermittent transmission. We changed them out for factory molded Ethernet conductors and never had another issue.