NTP for Schneider M580/M340

S.Woollett

Hello all,
I am wanting to update the system clock via NTP in the M580/M340.
I'm aware that we are able to connect to a NTP in the controller configuration. However due to our production situation I am wanting to externally control when the controller is updated rather than periodically.
1713843654025.png

Is anyone familiar with managing the NTP update, or if there is a FBD that someone has put together to connect to a NTP server similar to rockwells AOI implementation
1713843390857.png

Cheers
Sam

The code in that Schneider FAQ explicitly includes the year 2038 problem for some reason (and noted as a limit of year 2037 in Schneider tradition). The actual code does not appear to be NTP but a READ_VAR that points to a specific %MW in the NOC with an epoch in 2017. You'll likely need to figure out your own code for the NTP part, but the block at the bottom is a decent example of how to apply the built-in WRTC_DT EFB.

I guess I didn't catch that part. If you need more granular control, the other option that I've employed at other times is to write to the system words that will allow you to update the date and time through Modbus. You would do this from a SCADA system, that ideally, would have NTP also setup. Don't know if that approach is an option, but might be in your case. Check out this video for more information as well. M580 Time Clock Synchronization with PC | Schneider Electric Support I wish I had access to those programs still, but I'm at a new company for the past 6 months, but I know it's possible.

Thanks! our current system was built to update from the SCADA however it is quite complex and has broken a few times over the years. We only caught it when there was a significant enough drift or DLS rolled around and the time wouldnt update.
We're migrating to a new SCADA so I felt it time to find something more reliable!

I'll make a note to look into the 2038 bug