MX-Sheet and MX-Component questions

Hello,

My background is IT, and I have very little (effectively zero) understanding of PLCs. I have been tasked with acquiring version 2 of MX-Sheet and MX-Component for our engineering department. This is complicated by the fact that the person I am ordering it for is a non-native English speaker, so I feel as if some things may be getting lost in translation here. My questions are:
  • How does "version 2" of MX-Sheet/Component work? I can't find them for sale anywhere - is this an update that would be applied to the base version I can purchase through Mitsubishi and various vendors, or is there a separate piece of software I should be looking for? Or is the "standard" version of this software necessarily going to be the latest version, so it doesn't get listed?
  • The person requesting these seems certain that we will need an "older" computer to run these. I can't quite figure out why, because the MX-Sheet version 2 operating manual suggests that it should be compatible with Windows 10 computers and Excel 2019. No mention of Windows 11 or Excel 365, but certainly not requirements that would require me to procure a laptop specifically with an older OS or something. Am I missing something here?
I've gathered that these are older pieces of software, but he seems very confident that this is what he needs, and I don't know remotely enough to do anything but go along with it. I'm just feeling particularly out of my element here and can find next to no solid info on these things online so I figured I'd try and reach out for help. Thanks.

It is version 5 from Mitsubishi, I tried that link (power motion) & my AV detected a virus or some othe problem I suggest you order from Mitsubishi or one of their distributors I believe MX Sheet is version 3 at least I would think that Mitsubishi will only sell the latest version.
perhaps get your local Mitsubishi Rep in, here in the UK their reps are very helpful.