Error initializing AssetCentre

celso3093

Hey guys,

I've been trying to configure AssetCentre to backup FactoryTalk View SE. For that, I restored a backup from an application. At the start of the process I checked the option that would copy (or something like that) the FactoryTalk Directory.

I think that checking that option made something wrong in the AssetCentre Client, everytime I try and open it I get the error shown in the print screen below.

I don't know how to fix this. :unsure:

Thank you all

Error.png

According to an RA Tech Note on this error message your client computer is not connected to the same FactoryTalk Directory as your AssetCentre server. This would of course assume that the Client is running on a separate PC from the server. Is that the case? I guess it is also possible that if it is the same PC that restoring wiped out all of the existing FactoryTalk credentials on your computer.

On the Client PC, run the Specify FactoryTalk Directory Location tool. This can be used to connect your client computer to the same FactoryTalk Directory that your AssetCentre is using.

OG

Last edited:
It's not the case. I'm running both server and client on the same PC.

I'll try to run the Specify FactoryTalk Directory Location Tool tomorrow and see what I get.

Thank you very much

If it is the same PC then that tool is not necessary. My guess is that the FactoryTalk credentials you had on that PC were overwritten when you restored your View SE application.

I would run the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard. Select Local and Network Directories. When prompted for a User name, enter the user name for the Windows account with Admin privileges. Enter that accounts password. If you have selected Local and Network you will be prompted a second time for the user name and password.

That is what I would try.

OG

If it is the same PC then that tool is not necessary. My guess is that the FactoryTalk credentials you had on that PC were overwritten when you restored your View SE application.

I would run the FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard. Select Local and Network Directories. When prompted for a User name, enter the user name for the Windows account with Admin privileges. Enter that accounts password. If you have selected Local and Network you will be prompted a second time for the user name and password.

OG

I already ran the FactoryTalk Configuration Wizard but I think I selected only the Network. I'll try to run it again now selecting both directories.

Thank you very much

OG

It didn't work. I ran The FactoryTalk Directory Configuration Wizard for local and network directories, it completed succesfuly for both, but the assetcentre client keeps showing me the same error. o_O

Just in case someone is looking at this old thread, The Technote lists 4 causes:
1. FTDirectory
2. Service stuck/stopped
3. Codemeter not working
4. Expired activation

When I got this message, rebooting the server fixed it (FTAC Service had not loaded the Server Activation)