Cognex to Siemens via TCP Connection

wvos

Hiya,

Im triggering a cognex camera by a sensor and from then on i want my In-Sight Explorer program to do something and have an output string with information i want to send to a DB in my Step 7 Program, over a TCP connection.

I tested this with a tcpscript program. I managed to send a string to the tcpscript program from my In-Sight Explorer program.

I also managed to send a String from my tcpscript program to a DB in my Step 7 Program.

So im missing one final link. Whenever i connect my netpro and set it as a passive connection ( So In-Sight Explorer initialises a connection over a certain port ) it wont establish this connection.

Does anybody know if there is something wrong with my system or do cognex and siemens simply communicate through a different TCP/IP protocol? Is Cognex even able to communicate to a CP443-1 IT card using a TCP connection?

Last edited: