Ultra 3000i (Specifically M/N: 2098-DSD-020X) Error Code E05

gappvembe

Hi,

Thanks to this forum's search, I found the Installation Guide which helped me determine what E05 was all about. (Much better than AB's search engine)!

zNt6C.png

I determined that the ones I checked off were not the issue.

First thing I did was check the fan. While dusty, did still spin. The unit did not feel hot. Besides this was from first turn on to about 1 min, I doubt it would overheat in that span of time.

The next thing I did was the first box. I simply unhooked the motor cable from the Ultra3000i itself. I would try to start the drive and I would still get the error E05.

The last thing was to check was the continuity between the DC bus to the motor terminal U, V, & W. What I found was when there was no power to it I would have continuity between them. To double check my findings I tried it with the working one right next to it. I found the same results. That made me wonder. o_O
The next step I tried was the continuity test with power on it. again with a working good one right next to it, I had power on, and text continuity between the good Ultra3000i DC bus & motor terminals. NO continuity, voltage. I tested the bad one, again, just power to the unit, no control saying to turn on.
The results are there was continuity.

I just wanted to verify my method of testing and results to make sure a new Ultra3000i [2098-DSD-020x] is what actually I need.

Thanks.