Omron CPM2C-20CDR-D

fpasinelli

F
HI guys,
I would love to venture in to plc prgramming, and because i have no time for classes, i'm forced to do it on my own.
I recently purchased a Omron cpm2c, and i'm in need for the programming software for it.
What's the difference beetwen the CX programmer and Syswin?
Can these software be downloaded fron anywere or the expense for it is a must.? by the way i think this site is just too great, and i'm sure i will rely heavily on it in my learning process. Phil, your book is my very next purchase in this project.
Thanks everyone
Franco

You will have to purchase CX-Programmer. It is the latest Omron software, is affordable, programs all the latest Omron PLVs='s and a long way back. It is configurable and easy to use.

If you have a legitamate copy, yoy will be able to purchase updates at a very reasonable cost as new versions come on line. For example, the latest version is 4.01. There are free downloads available on the Omron US website to V4.03. V5 is not far off - it will have some of the IEC languages on board. If you own 4.01, your Omron distributor will be able to sell you an upgrade fairly cheaply.

By the way, it includes support for all Omron network cards, including Ethernet. No special programs to buy or purchasing a special expensive version so that you can network. Network access is through any PLC on the network via an interface called "Toolbus". It is included.Runs through the serial port on your computer at 115kbaud.

If you require CX-Protocol or Device Net Configurator at as later date, they are separate packages. Protocol allows you to simply write protocols for any serial device. Device Net Configurator is self explanatory.