FTView 13 A&E Server Acknowledge Last Alarm

fseipel2

Is there a simple way (VBA or macro language) to acknowledge ONLY the most recent alarm? I upgraded recently all the way from RSVIEW 32 7.60 to FTVIEW 13 with Alarms & Events server, and can't figure out how to duplicate the 'acknowledge last' that the old software could do. I can do acknowledge all, just not acknowledge last.

Hi Michoviz. Unfortunately this was converted from an old RSVIEW32 project. So I'm not using ALMD currently. There are hundreds of alarms so it would be time-consuming to convert it. I did convert from the Legacy alarms, though, so it's all on the A&E server. It's kind of frustrating that Rockwell did not include in FTVIEW the same command as RSVIEW32 had, to acknowledge ONLY last alarm.

If you sort your alarms according the "In Alarm Time",
you could use this vba code to ack the last alarm.

AlarmEventSummary.SortOrder = "InAlarmTime DESC"
AlarmEventSummary.MoveSelectionFirst
AlarmEventSummary.AckSelected

edit: if you want a button which ack's the selected alarm (then the user would have to select the last alarm), you could do it without vba:
Just a add button with the "Release action":
Invoke Me.AlarmEventSummary.AckSelectedWithComment(0, "my comment")