RSLogix 500 Ascii

Ascii Communication to a 2D Matrix reader.

Is there anyway to read variable length string.

The ARD and ARL instructions require u enter a string length. The string length I am reading could be different each time....

Anybody know a way around this?

Thomas Franklin

Enter a value of zero in the LEN field and the ARD and ARL instructions will read as many characters (up the the maximum string length of 82) as are in the buffer. At least, that's how I have always done it.

Similar Topics

Hi Guys! Does anyone know which version of RSLogix 500 i can insert ASCII DataFile? I'm using 10.0 version and i not found this DataFile, but...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, I am totally new to this forum and to PLC. I am trying to write a logic in PLC which reads ASCII line from Channel 2 and extract...
Replies
Views
My Question: Is there an easier way? I need to print (as in ASCII onto a printer) a few (15) floating point numbers in context (some words go...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I am not proficient in RSLogix 500 so I have a question regarding the evaluation of N7:0 data as an input. So as I understand in...
Replies
Views
I have a little bit of experience with Allen-Bradley. I have a Micrologix 1500 (RSLogix 500) and a PanelView Plus 7 (FactoryTalk View Studio ME)...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom