FTView v.12 creating .mer v.5

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all, I have FTView Studio v.12 and I have a PV+1000 that has v.5 FTView ME FW. When I create my .mer the earliest option it gives me is to save it as v.6. I went to AB to see if I could load a later FW version to my PV+ however, it shows that the latest FW available for this HMI is what is loaded in it...v.5. Am I screwed or what? Thanks.

Hello all, I have FTView Studio v.12 and I have a PV+1000 that has v.5 FTView ME FW. When I create my .mer the earliest option it gives me is to save it as v.6. I went to AB to see if I could load a later FW version to my PV+ however, it shows that the latest FW available for this HMI is what is loaded in it...v.5. Am I screwed or what? Thanks.

From what I remember, they removed the ability to make v5 runtimes from v12. Your only option is to install an older version of FactoryTalk.

The original Panelview Plus line firmware cannot be upgraded beyond v5.

As a separate issue, v12 Studio initially dropped support for creating v5 .mer files. According to this technote you can patch it to allow v5 and v5.1 file creation.

As a separate issue, v12 Studio initially dropped support for creating v5 .mer files. According to this technote you can patch it to allow v5 and v5.1 file creation.

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like they'll be creating the same path for v13.

i'll have to check this out.

I have a main VM with the most up to date version of FT view studio

and my "older" VM uses version 11, which allows me to make runtimes down to 5.... and then of course for the oddballs, a vm with a version 7 or 8, so the dinosaurs can get service without needing to update firmware if needed.

I created a Windows XP VM with Factorytalk View V9, Panelbuilder32, and other legacy software that is still occasionally needed.