SLC 5/05 PLC5 MSG via Gateway

micky

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a PLC5/08 hanging off a DH+ network which also has DHRIO/ENBT gateway on it. I want to add a Micrologix or SLC5/05 on the same ethernet network as the gateway and be able to MSG the PLC5/08. Is this possible without a controller in the gateway?

No, you do not need a controller; just make sure the gateway ENBT is addressed within the same subnet as the ML or SLC 5/05 CPU Ethernet ports and the PLC5 Channel 1A Link ID is the same as the 1756-DHRIO DH+ Channel one.

Similar Topics

I programmed a couple of MSG instruction for a PLC5/80E to write and read data to a SLC 5/05 thru an Ethernet network on non-continuous mode. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have recently been putting in an economy mode onto our equipment and this has involved a lot of cross messaging between our PLCs...
Replies
Views
Adding some SLC cards by extending the backplane. It's controlled by a PLC 5 by Data Highway. I see the both input cards and use the logic, but...
Replies
Views
Looking for some helpful advice. We have a customer who is looking to change out his system with something a bit more modern, but using stock he...
Replies
Views
My goal is to get an analog signal from a SLC-500 remote rack back to a PLC-5 main rack. Is this possible? If so, I may need some help. I've set...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom