magelis and vijeo struggles

JohnDoe03

I have a magelis XBTGT5330 that has a faulty backlight, I stuck a led strip in its place so I can see whats happening on the screen. Still needs replacing though.

For the life of me I can not figure out how to download all the screen info, design ect using vijeo, so I can stick it all in a new HMI. I went and installed run time installer on the screen and now its showing thank you for purchase and screen has not been initialized yet on the hmi. Have I just lost all the data on it?

The user manual only shows how to download to the target but not from the target. How do you even do it?

Here's hoping I'm not completely screwed.

Bad news. If the original files "include editor project" is not enabled you cannot upload the project from the xbt

Last edited:
It is not possible the project upload from any XBTG.
if you do not have a backup project on your Vigeo Designer tool, I do not have good news to you.

It is not possible the project upload from any XBTG.
if you do not have a backup project on your Vigeo Designer tool, I do not have good news to you.

So if you have a XBTG that is over 5 years old and no clue who did the screen design, then your chances of downloading the design from the HMI is pretty slim?

Good to know. Is there anyway to go back to the old runtime version? Anyway to get back from the screen im currently on?

Is this same panel than old one or is this different panel?
If you have downloaded project to above old panel, then it is gone.

Try to find the three corners of the console that start with the Runtime application. Sometimes there are only two corners. The corners are usually at the luminous limit of the screen.
The display that post here, it is what is with malfunction or is it a new one?
This HMI seems never had nothing running on there. Seems without firmware.

Try to find the three corners of the console that start with the Runtime application. Sometimes there are only two corners. The corners are usually at the luminous limit of the screen.
The display that post here, it is what is with malfunction or is it a new one?
This HMI seems never had nothing running on there. Seems without firmware.

The display in the photo is the old HMI with the faulty backlight. It was working normally until I used the runtime installer tool from vijeo. Which I thought I needed to do to communicate with it. After running the installer I now have the screen you see in the photo.
Not sure if it has deleted all the data on the HMI now. Think I may be screwed.

*Not sure if it has deleted all the data on the HMI now.
Yes, unfortunately you deleted the project, it is practically as if it came from factory.

Even that if there was source download as backup to panel, all is lost after download of empty project above all config.
It is as from factory.

All what you can do now, is searching *.vdz files from every computer.

Watched the video and there is an option to upload from HMI. Wish I had seen that earlier, I've already gone to the point of no return, dammit.

Probably you would still be point of needing reverse engineer panel.

Upload panel needs first that there is option included editor project selected and downloaded by original programmer.
By default it is unselected for new project and documents are pretty poor of include selection and upload from panel.

p.s How you get broken light to work. You opened panel and changed lamp from circuit board?

Probably you would still be point of needing reverse engineer panel.

Upload panel needs first that there is option included editor project selected and downloaded by original programmer.
By default it is unselected for new project and documents are pretty poor of include selection and upload from panel.

p.s How you get broken light to work. You opened panel and changed lamp from circuit board?

Yeah the help documents are not very good. Was my first time using vijeo and not a great experience.

I opened the panel and removed the backlight. Then slid a LED strip in its place, powered externally by the way. Works quite well actually. Not sure why they still using the current backlights that constantly fail.