Siemens s7-300 profibus controlling vacon

I start the drive as follows:

1) Startup the drive = W#16#0 in controlword and 0 in "speed setpoint"

Drive gives status bit "Drive Run"

2) Get the drive ready to operation = W#16#47E in controlword and 0 in speed setpoint

Drive gives status bit "Drive Run", "Control PLC" and "Drive ready"

3) Start the motor = W#16#47F in controlword and the setpoint in "speed setpoint"

Stop the motor = go back to 2)

I attach the bit in the statusword, if you don't have / use the same names

Capture CTRL word.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you Jera and lare.

When i tryed to start the vacon drive from "vacon Live" software the vfd gets fault 8. Which is "system fault".. could the drive be broken?

Thank you Jera and lare.

When i tryed to start the vacon drive from "vacon Live" software the vfd gets fault 8. Which is "system fault".. could the drive be broken?

It is possible.

From vacon manual:

Fault code 8 / Operaton malfunction or Defective component

How to correct the fault

Reset the fault and start the drive again.
If the fault shows again, ask instructions from the distributor near to you