FTV ME and 144 element array?

dginbuffalo

Hello-I have a project where I have to display the heights of 144 spindles on an HMI page. Any ideas on how to do this without making 144 numeric display boxes? I was wondering if there's some sort of table I can use to load the array into?

I would probably add say 10 objects to the HMI that would display these values. The tag name may be something like SpindleHMIDisplay (array of 10). Then give the operator next 10 / previous 10 buttons. Copy the data from your spindle height array into the tags that the HMI is mapped to in chunks of 10.

When you first navigate to this screen, you would copy from 0-9 from your spindle array to your new SpindleHMIDisplay tag. When you hit next 10, you could copy from 10-19 of your spindle array, and so on. Just make sure you don't allow going less than zero or greater than the size of your array or you will fault the processor.

You could also try using bar graphs.
Create 144 bar graphs, side by side, across the screen.
That would look something like a trend graph.

It's more important to know why you need to show all 144 at the same time. What are you looking to find out? What action will you take when you look at all those numbers?

You could also try using bar graphs.
Create 144 bar graphs, side by side, across the screen.
That would look something like a trend graph.

It's more important to know why you need to show all 144 at the same time. What are you looking to find out? What action will you take when you look at all those numbers?

They physically indicate all these spindles at least once a month. It takes them roughly 3-4 hours. We've installed a height sensor that will read all the heights and a prox that keeps track of the spindle number. When they run 1 revolution of the conveyor, the HMI will show them exactly which spindles are out of spec and need adjusting. Sometimes it could be 10 out of 144 but they don't know until they indicate them all. I don't really "need" to show them all at once but I thought it would be nice. I'm starting to shy away from that idea though. I also want the ones out of spec to flash.

I would probably add say 10 objects to the HMI that would display these values. The tag name may be something like SpindleHMIDisplay (array of 10). Then give the operator next 10 / previous 10 buttons. Copy the data from your spindle height array into the tags that the HMI is mapped to in chunks of 10.

When you first navigate to this screen, you would copy from 0-9 from your spindle array to your new SpindleHMIDisplay tag. When you hit next 10, you could copy from 10-19 of your spindle array, and so on. Just make sure you don't allow going less than zero or greater than the size of your array or you will fault the processor.

I like this! I think I will animate to flash by using an expression if the number is above/below tolerance.

This is a perfect application for using parameter files. Following up on dmroeder suggestion I would create 10 parameter files of 14 objects and use a Display List Selector to select which group to view. This also would make your animation expression easy. For object 1 you could use something like this. If ({#1} < low limit) OR ({#1}> hi limit) then 1 else 0

You would do this for all 14 parameters. That way which ever group is loaded from the Display List would still use the same expression.