HMI on Android tablet through OPC UA

lfe

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm looking for a way to visualize some data of a manufacturing process in an Android Tablet, the monitoring system has an OPC UA server that would be the data source.
I have tried some apps from the Google Play Store, but none of them comply with what I want:

- To be able to build a minimally attractive graphical interface.
- Encryption of the connection with the server
- That does not crash often

Any proposal ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

I'm looking for a way to visualize some data of a manufacturing process in an Android Tablet, the monitoring system has an OPC UA server that would be the data source.
I have tried some apps from the Google Play Store, but none of them comply with what I want:

- To be able to build a minimally attractive graphical interface.
- Encryption of the connection with the server
- That does not crash often

Any proposal ?

Thanks in advance ! :)

If you're looking for a straight up Android app, I don't know if you'll find what you want, unless you make your own.

However, I know SCADA systems are starting to have HTML5 views, which you could then see via a Browser on your Android Tablet. I know WinCC from Siemens does this (feature is called Web UX), and I'm thinking others have this capability as well.

Downside here is you have to pay for the SCADA system, but there might be something you can leverage in your system already.

B-Scada is free, although you will pay for support if you get stuck. The OPC UA driver is included as one of their free ones. I've downloaded it for a project, but not used it yet.

Thanks for your answers !

The current system does not have a web server. it seems that they do not have a unified system and there are several separate SCADAs, some are custom solutions from the machine manufacturer.

It is not planned to migrate to a more integrated system, it seems that they have restrictions in the budget.

Thanks, but myMobile was the reason to add "That does not crash often" on my initial post.

With myMobile as the foreground app if the back key is pressed and later I return to myMobile then it crashes, also they are some menu options that do nothing.

:)

2j1pykk.png