Dumb Newbee Question

Toss your PainelPuke in the trash bin and buy a red lion HMI. Seriously, you will save so much time and frustration, it will pay for itself in next to no time.

While tossing the "PanelPuke" in the trash may sound like a good idea to you, it is by far not a reasonable plan. I am trying to make some replacement set up's for when our equipment fails and it has "legacy" parts in it that need replacement.
I come to these sites for help, not smart a** comments about products.

Easy Mr. Wagner.

Okie was just leveraging an opinion. And he's entitled

Doesn't mean you have to show your colors yet.

He's had patronage on this site for quite some time Posts: 9,464.

You: Posts: 7

We understand your frustration, and if you maintain a politeness and tolerance, someone will have an answer you can use to correct your issue.

So, it would seem that no matter which way I try to do it, I can not compress the .ACD file enough to upload it.
But I can put the CCW file and the Ethernet routing picture here.
So, if you guys have any idea how to make the .ACD smaller, so I can up load it. That sure would help.

View attachment Zipped Trial Screen_1.zip

Scott

I don't have Studio 5000 version 24 installed on my PC yet, so cannot import the L5K file.

What version of CCW are you using? I have version 8.00 and it gets an error trying to open the zipped trial screen.

I opened your project and the only thing I see so far is that the IP address for the processor doesn't show. This may not mean anything since it's an offline project for me so it may not show up as such.

How did you go about configuring the processor's IP address and can you post a screenshot of that while you are online with it?

IOTree.JPG

While tossing the "PanelPuke" in the trash may sound like a good idea to you, it is by far not a reasonable plan. I am trying to make some replacement set up's for when our equipment fails and it has "legacy" parts in it that need replacement.
I come to these sites for help, not smart a** comments about products.

His comment is valid. Think of the headaches you're going through to set up just one screen...

CCW and that Panelview screen are awful, there's no nice way to say it. You're going to go through hell getting this one to work and what happens when typical AB bugs appear with different firmwares or software updates? Or you're on vacation / leave the company and the next guy has to deal with it? You're going to re-visit this hell and the nightmare will never end.

It's not unreasonable to go with a more reliable HMI package - as stated Red Lion is one of the best. You would have been up and running already. If your company is brainwashed by AB then have them pony up and get FT studio/PV 700. You'll still be up and running in no time!

If your company is brainwashed by AB then have them pony up and get FT studio/PV 700. You'll still be up and running in no time!

+1 to this. Not a good idea to be both stubborn and cheap. FTViewME is a great HMI package imo, and I never have problems getting programs up and running with it. Red Lion is also a great package.