Research: what new ideas can you bring into an E&I Company for growth?

IdealDan

Hi Guys,
I'm carrying out a research and your inputs will help me please.
If you are challenged to come up with new ideas and take your company to next level,
What new ideas will you come up with?
INFO:
Company is into oil and gas servicing in the area of Process Automation, Electrical and Instrumentation, Valve Repairs, Fabrication, Fire and Gas safety system, Operations and Maintenance, IT etc.
I will appreciate your new ideas
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If you were a technology developer, I would advice to research and develop FPGA based Instruments in contrast to µProcessor based currently used instruments.

But as you are a servicing company, you are a consumer of technology so i have no idea for you but to stay on top of things, stay connected and cop with new technologies as they emerge.

Godd luck.

I think "Taking Company to Next Level" could mean a lot of things!!

Does your company use all of the "Latest Technologies"? If they DO NOT, this would be the first step in moving to the next level.

Example: Does you company use "Ethernet or Serial Communication"?

Does your company have "Remote Communication" installed to allow support from anywhere in the world? (This might require some of these protocols - MQTT, VPN Tunnels, FTP Protocol, Port Forwarding, SNTP, SMTP, this would be just a few!

Do you have the latest software to program new hardware and test said hardware.

Is your job to develop new hardware or to support current hardware?

Example: If your job is to support, do you have all the need equipment to do that job?

If it is to develop, do you have equipment such as "Oscilloscope, SMC Hotair Solder Stations - Along with microscrope, Circuit board design software, schematic drawning software.

What ever path you are trying to move to the next level with you must have what it takes to support, troubleshoot, repair said technology. So make sure you have all of the needed "Things" for that to happen.

Really hard to answer without an in-depth knowledge of the company's current state of affairs.

Launch a satellite with the company’s logo on it. Then, you will be just below Musk.

One more thing...

Company X: “So, what can you do to take our company to the next level?”
Me: Several things.
Company X: “Can you explain?”
Me: Sure can, after you hire me and sign this piece of fine parchment.

That only works if you are going to be employed. I’ve seen a lot of companies go fishin for big fish, just to get someone in the door and pick their brain.

Last edited: