When running Help Wanted Ad's for Maint.Techs, how important are keywords for searchs

Cydog

Good Morning ,

I had a short meeting with our human resource manager yesterday and realized that the maintenance technician ad's were missing some keywords , such has PLC's , HMI's , Frequecy Drives , Electrical ,etc. Since most people google jobs when looking , do you think key words such as these are important for search engines ? My concern is , we may have good candidates searching but are not getting our ad's coming up .

What are your thoughts ? If you guys have had success , what has worked for you ?

Thanks so much ,

Those keywords are absolutely important. I've used those same ones in the past.

Also, don't forget pay $$ range. If a company is too embarrassed to include hourly range, then I'm likely to skip over.

Also, don't forget pay $$ range. If a company is too embarrassed to include hourly range, then I'm likely to skip over.

I agree with this, I have see hundreds of ads(Help Wanted) that don't give at least a pay range.

Other types of ads that I have seen, will be companies misleading the true position they are really looking for. Example: ad may say something like this.

"Wanted Maintenance Technician"
growing company, quick advancements,
flexible hours, ETC. Online Application.

So you go to the web-site and all they really have is the application, you fill it out, upload your resume, and then wait.

Now if/when you do get a call you finally get to talk to a human and come to find out what they really are looking for is a "Janitor" - someone who will mop floors, clean windows, clean toilets.

Companies who use this type of hiring should be ***** ******!!!!

It would depend on what you are looking for. If you want a mechanic then you don't want a good one scared away by the mention of too much electrical/PLC. If you are looking for an electrical person then you don't want to scare them off with too much welding, hydraulic and such. If you are trying to find one person that can do it all, and do it well, good luck.

Bubba.