S7 300 PLC/ APPLICON CARD for SCADA configuration

G
Hi!

I have to comunicate via PROFIBUS with S7 protocol or DP, the applicom card PC1500PFB and PLC siemens S7 CPU313C-2DP.

The cable that i have is a PROFIBUS with siemens connector at both ends.

I am not sure if this is the correct way to connect them.

I don't know if i have to plug the siemens connector in the applicom card or needs only a DB9 simple connector.

The two stations are well configurated because, in the software of the applicom card the PCINIT is launched well (the bar goes all trought) when the two stations are connected with the cable.

However, when i make the readwait text, it doesn't work, the estatus menssage number is 65 that means; bad wire and bad configurations of the remote stations, but i think all configurations are ok because i've followed the steps of an applicom's manual.

So, which is the suitable way to connect the card and the PLC?

The program that i am going to use for the SCADA system is LabView. I also have some doubts about it.

Can i use S7 protocol or DP with LabView 6.i? or i have to use OPC server?

I'd be greatly grateful for some tips.

Thank you in advance.

Andoni. :)

Solved!!

I have already solved my communication problem. :D

I am communicating applicom PC1500PFB with a siemens S7 CPU313C 2DP by means profibus and S7 messaging.

I want now to make a SCADA system with labView 6.i but i still have the same doubt:

Can i use LabView to access profibus network by means s7 protocol? or, Have i to use OPC server?.

Is there any SCADA program with it is possible to use the s7 protocol? (I must use Win98).

Thank you again.

Andoni.

Last edited: