GE Fanuc Series 90 30

I think there might be an issue between versapro and LM90 programing. There is a slight difference in memory utilization in the PLC CPU between those two programming products -so use the programming platform that the PLC was programmed with. I have tried switching back and forth between LM90 and Versapro to see if it could be done. It did not work for me. -Chris

I think there might be an issue between versapro and LM90 programing. There is a slight difference in memory utilization in the PLC CPU between those two programming products -so use the programming platform that the PLC was programmed with. I have tried switching back and forth between LM90 and Versapro to see if it could be done. It did not work for me. -Chris

That was true 9 years ago, it still is today, but Proficy ME is the way to go.
However if someone is still looking for the programming cable, this is a good place to begin: http://forums.ge-ip.com/showthread.php?p=60395#post60395

Yes! Tip my hat to Steve.
You still need smart guys in the field that know what they're doing. Or too old to give up their old tools -I'm still using LM90, so I guess I fit in the latter category.

-Chris

My bad. Responding to 9 year-old posts! The previous conversation thread is probably from members that are dead, in jail, or moved up to management positions.

-Chris

I'm still going too (I'm the OP although this is my new monicker!).

Felt like death a few times but it's not actually managed to sink it's claws into me yet!
Not been caught so avoided jail!
Been offered management but enjoy what I'm doing too much to stop.

:)

That was true 9 years ago, it still is today, but Proficy ME is the way to go.
However if someone is still looking for the programming cable, this is a good place to begin: http://forums.ge-ip.com/showthread.php?p=60395#post60395

That old link no longer works (hate when they change these) use this now: GE Knowledge site be sure to view the results of several pages for more information.
Here is a more direct approach: https://ge-ip.force.com/communities/en_US/Article/Serial-Ports-Pin-Assignment

Last edited:
Ah! Voices from the past! If anyone might like to know, I was able to move LM90 running in XP, which in turn is running in Oracle VirtualBox (free), which in turn is running on a 64-bit Dell running Windows 10. So damn! This old stuff still works and this old bird is still kicking 90-30 butt! Big Aloha from Hawaii!

I agree with CaseyK. You should make sure you know what you're buying on ebay before you actually purchase it! You don't want to spend money on something that won't end up working with the part you have! Doing your research (in this case) definitely pays off! :)

CPU 363 Replacement

Hi,
I am looking for CPU 363 but it is not easily available. Can i replace CPU 363 with any one the following?
CPU 350
CPU 351
CPU 352
CPU 360
CPU 364 and
CPU 374

Please guide.
I just want to put new CPU and download program in it. No further work i want to do
Which CPU is suitable to replace with CPU 363?

Thanks in advance