STI Status equivalent in Logix 5000

Ken Roach

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
New Forum user Nixalicious has posted a question that needs its own thread, so I'm moving it here:

How do I convert an STI status function to RS5k?
I am assuming I need to use some sort of GSV block but I have not been able to find the appropriate setup for the block for the STI function.
Any help would be appreciated.

As mentioned, the Periodic Tasks in RSLogix 5000 are used to schedule routines in a similar way to the Selectable Timed Interrupt in other platforms.

Exactly which STI status bit or value do you need to duplicate in RSLogix 5000 ?

Is this a SLC-500 family Selectable Timed Interrupt that you're converting ?

Re:

To be specific the status bit is S:30 from plc 5 and the processor I am using is a PLC5/80 D-CE Water Mark.
I did look into the periodic routine but and I am going to use that but I am still unsure how to get rid of the old rung that is there where the Original S:30 used to be.

Btw thanks for the input so far it has helped. Also I am a bit new to the PLC stuff so please bear with me.

In the PLC-5, S:30 is the Selectable Timed Interrupt Setpoint, in milliseconds.

This is the interval time between executions of the STI routine.

Use that value when you configure the Period of the Periodic Task that you place the "STI" routine into, in RSLogix 5000.